A look at the last 12 months
I’ve been thinking about the most memorable parts of 2023. And you know what? One of my best memories from this year is all of you. So, today, I’m saying a special thank you.
Every year brings its own trials and tribulations. While my bipolar brain wants to focus on all the awful things that happened in the last 12 months, there’s also been a lot of joy. There are goals I missed, such as finally putting out a paper book. (I promise, I’m still working on it.) But there were many triumphs.
Part of my year-end review is looking back to see which things worked during the year. Instead of a featured post, here is a list of my most popular online content for 2023.
Top 5 Posts: Speaking Bipolar Blog
- Speaking Bipolar – A Mental Illness Translator
- 12 Signals That Point to Bipolar Disorder (With Patient Notes)
- Learn to Recognize the Things That Make Your Bipolar Worse
- What Is Bipolar Anger? An Insider’s Perspective on Rage
- The Worst Part of Having Bipolar Disorder
Top 5 Posts: Medium
- Listen for the Silent “I Love You’s”
- Caring for My Aging Parents is a Tougher Gig Than I Expected
- Please, Stop Saying, “But You Don’t Look Sick”
- The Signs My Parents Missed Before My Bipolar Disorder Diagnosis
- One Dinner With Friends Reminded Me Why I Avoid Social Interaction
Top 5 Posts: NewsBreak
- Southern Women and What They Mean by Saying, “Bless Your Heart”
- Coming to Terms With the Lasts in Life as You Get Older
- Daylight Saving Time and Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder Can Cause the Patient To Feel Bitter Feelings of Shame
- Misconceptions About Bipolar Disorder Can Stop Some From Getting the Help They Need
My goal of being a full-time writer failed to materialize in 2023, but I made progress. My online presence grows every month, and that’s because of incredible readers like you. Here are a few stats:
- Over 57,000 blog visits
- Over 14,000 Medium reads
- Over 88,000 NewsBreak reads
As you look back on the year, I hope you’ll remember all the good things in your life.
Thank you for making 2023 a wonderful year. I hope you have an amazing 2024!
Until next time, keep fighting.
For all the newest Speaking Bipolar content, sign up for our free newsletter.